Min Jia is a leading metal tin can manufacturer in China since 2009. We offer a one-stop tin can packaging solution for your business.
- One-stop Custom Tin Packaging Solution
- Low MOQ from 3000 pcs
- Products conform to EU and FDA standards
- Free sample to check our tin can quality
Your Professional Tin Can Supplier
As a professional tin can manufacturer and supplier in China, Min Jia engaged in the research and development, designing, production, and sales of high-quality tin cans since 2009. We possess advanced machinery and production lines including coated & printed production lines and 20 Lid-making Production Lines. All products conform to the JIS and ECHA standards and are certified with SVHC and ROHS by SGS. Message us now to skyrocket your business.
Min Jia Tin Cans To Boost Your Business
3 Piece Can consist of a welded body and two sanitary can lids. The welded body will be sealed with a sanitary can lid or an easy-open lid on the bottom.
Round Tin Cans are right circular cylinders with identical and parallel round tops and bottoms with vertical sides. Are our most popular format and the standard for food packaging around the world.
Empty Tin Cans complete array of food packaging solutions serves a variety of markets, including fruit, vegetables, dairy, fish, meat, ready meals, pet food, infant milk powder, and other dry food products.
Metal Tin Cans are the containers for the distribution or storage of goods, composed of thin metal. Could be made of tinplate (tin-coated steel) or of tin-free steel (TFS) or of aluminum.
Tinplate Cans are the package leading brands to rely on for locking in freshness and nutrients. Are used to contain some of the most recognizable food, beverage, and pet food brands.
Easy Open Cans have a removable lid (easy-open end) that does not require opening by cutting the “end” open. They have been well received by consumers around the world.
2 Piece Can consist of two components of a body integrated with a bottom lid and a lid with an easy opening. Our 2 piece can is also called DRD can depending on its body processing method.
Oval Can is an oval-shaped 2-piece can seal with an easy-open or normal oval lid (tinplate or TFS), which is used for fishes especially the sardines.
Empty Tuna Cans are 2 pieces that can seal with an easy-open or normal can lid that is specially used for the tuna. Are classified into round cans and square cans in terms of can shapes.
Luncheon Meat Can is packed deliciously prepared beef and also chicken luncheon meat is specially designed tin cans for preservation and ease-of-use. Our luncheon meat can sizes come in 198gr and 340gr cans.
Corned Beef Can is a specially designed trapezoid shape tin can for preservation and ease of use of corned beef. We could produce this empty corned beef can under your own label with a minimum order quantity.
Steel Beverage Cans is a 3 piece tin can manufactured to hold a single serving of a beverage. Steel Beverage Cans have a large, printable surface area that serves as a 360-degree billboard for brands on shelves.
Why Minjia Can Be Your First Tin Can Manufacturer in China
Choose Min Jia Tin Can as your tin can supplier and manufacturer in China. Here in Min Jia, you can find and get metal packaging quality standards that conform with EU and FDA standards. Selecting the correct tin can supplier will skyrocket your business.
Min Jia is your one-stop solution for your metal packaging in China since 2009. We own advanced production lines, skilled and dedicated workers, and mature technology in manufacturing your tin can needs. To satisfy our customers worldwide, we offer 24/7 annual before and after-sale service, such as live technical support.
If you`re in need of tin can packaging in China, MinJia got you covered. We offer OEM and ODM services to satisfy your business.
Whether it’s for your food can project or your industrial project needs to import tin cans, then Min Jia will be your best choice for your tin can orders.
Min Jia — Your Outstanding Tin Can Provider in China
Are you searching for the best tin can manufacturer in China? Minjia is a professional metal package supplier and manufacturer with more than 10-year profound experience in the metal packaging industry.
As the leading tin can provider, the tin can we offer is high-quality and certified with JIS, ECHA, SVHC, ROHS, SGS, etc. Whether you need self-seal tin cans, sealable tin cans, 2-piece can or 3 pieces can, it`s all available here in MinJia.
Minjia tin cans are broadly used in consumed foods, like food can that packs vegetables, fruits, seafood, etc. Minjia rectangular tin cans are also used to pack tuna, luncheon meat, corned beef, etc. Whether for your food can project or for your beverage project, Min Jia will 100% help you and provide you with the best tin can solution with our skilled and dedicated technical team.
In China, Minjia is a popular manufacturer and now established a good partnership with many clients around the world. Owing to our skilled workers and professional sales service under the well-established training management, we can produce any quantity of tin cans packaging at a very competitive price.
We are supported by more than 200 employees and have the full production capacity with about and 16 can lid production lines, up to 5.5 million pieces daily output. In short, Minjia has a strong production capacity and can offer tin can products even for your large orders.
We also provide you with a free tin can packaging sample for you to check the quality. You could also request the detailed tin can specification for your order reference.
Aside from tin cans, Minjia also manufactures round tin containers, tin can lid, easy open end, lug caps, metal food packaging, and more. Minjia is your one-stop metal packaging solution in China.
For more details about tin can products, message us now. We will provide the best among the rest metal packaging solution to perfect your business.
Tin Can: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
In this guide, you will learn more about tin cans, their features, benefits, advantages, and more details.
Continue reading for more information!
- What is a Tin Can?
- What Materials Are Used for Making Tin Cans?
- What are the Differences Between Tin and Aluminum Cans?
- What are the Common Shapes of a Tin Can?
- What are the Types of Tin Cans?
- What are the Types of Tin Can Ends?
- Are Tin Cans Safe for Baking?
- What are the Standard Requirements for Tin Cans?
- What are the Advantages of Using a Tin Can?
- What are the Common Applications of a Tin Can?
- What Factors You Must Consider When Purchasing Tin Cans?
What is a Tin Can?
A tin can is an aluminum container or a tinplate that is commonly used for preserving or packaging food.
These containers are made from thin metals that require cutting the end to open. Other tin cans also feature a removable cover.
What Materials Are Used for Making Tin Cans?
Tin materials are rare metals. Meaning, making tin cans using pure tin is very expensive and difficult.
Thus, tin cans that are produced from the modern production process usually have no tin in them, opposite to its name.
Most modern tin cans are made from treated materials such as aluminum, tin-plated steel, and more.
What are the Differences Between Tin and Aluminum Cans?
Both cans are used for packaging food and beverages. If you are stuck between the two, here are some of their differences to help you choose for your applications.
- Aluminum cans are lightweight while tin cans are heavier.
- Tin cans are more durable than aluminum cans.
- Tin cans have higher corrosion-resistance properties than aluminum cans.
- Aluminum cans have a more recycling efficiency than tin cans.
What are the Common Shapes of a Tin Can?
Most tin cans have a cylindrical shape. It has an identical round bottom and top that parallels each other.
Other tin cans also have oval or rectangular shapes with rounded corners.
Tin can also come with an irregular shape.
What are the Types of Tin Cans?
Usually, tin cans have different types: a two-piece tin can, three-piece tin can, food can, spray can, general can, and 18-liter can.
Two-Piece Tin Can
A two-piece tin can typically, doesn’t have a side seam. Its bottom end and body also do not have a seam. Thus, a two-piece tin can have a tighter sealing.
Another advantage of a two-piece tin can includes an efficient and easy production process. Its body can also be printed or fully decorated.
ii. Two-piece Tin Can Manufacturing Process
- cup blanking and drawing. The first step is producing cups from aluminum, steel, and more materials using a press.
- Ironing and Doming. The produced cups are put through a cycle of rings. In this process, the cans are ironed out in order to create the bottom.
- This process uses a cutting device to cut the cans to the desired length.
- The cans are cleaned through various cleaning processes.
- Printing and Varnishing. In this process, the cans are rolled for decorations, printings, and varnishing.
- Bottom Varnishing. This process is used to varnish the can’s bottom.
- In this process, all the varnished cans are placed inside an oven with a conveying system for drying.
- Inside spraying. After drying, a protective coating is applied inside the can.
- The second baking process is used to settle the coating applied inside the can.
- The can’s necks are reduced to fit the can end size.
- In this process, the tin can’s rims are created with flanges for double seaming.
- Lastly, in this process, all the produced tin cans are tested for leakage.
Three-Piece Tin Can
A three-piece tin can is composed of a tinplate body, lid, and bottom. It has a feature such as good rigidity. It also features the following:
- Be formed into many shapes
- Can change sizes easily
- Efficient material utilization
- Superior production process
ii. Three-Piece Tin Can Manufacturing Process
- The materials are cut through the shear press.
- The metal sheets are applied with a protective coating.
- After applying the protective coating, the metal sheets are printed with designs.
- Before curing, the printed metal sheets will undergo the varnishing process.
- Then, the varnished metal sheets are cut that will serve as the can’s body.
- The can’s bodies are cut to form a smaller sheet using a device.
- Then, the ends are stamped to the can’s body.
The processes involved in producing tin cans ensure that the final products are free from elements that can lead to corrosion and rusting.
General tin cans are usually used for cosmetics and pharmaceutical applications. These cans are tightly sealed.
Spray cans typically have higher pressure resistance. Most of it is used for detergents, cosmetics, paints, pesticides, and more.
These are completely sealed tin cans. It has usually undergone a heating sterilization process after filling the contents.
Mostly, 18-liter cans are used for oil packaging and in the petroleum industry.
What are the Types of Tin Can Ends?
There are several types of tin can end such as the followings:
Easy Open Ends
Easy-open ends are innovative types of tin can ends with scoring and metal tab attached for easy opening.
- Full-aperture for a rectangular shape
- Pour Aperture
Peel Off End
These are eco-friendly and aesthetically pleasing tin can lid. These are produced through automated thermo-sealing technology. It has features like:
- Tampering evidence
- No sharp edges
- Standard sizes from 65 to 153mm
- Can be embossed or printed
- Can be used for different can shapes
There are several types of beverage end used for beverage cans. It typically includes standard ends, ring-pull ends, and more.
Penny Lever End
Penny lever ends are one of the most used types of can ends. It is available in different sizes and diameters.
Sanitary ends can be made from aluminum, tin, and steel. It is widely used for storing solids and liquids. These are also highly recyclable.
Are Tin Cans Safe for Baking?
Tin cans are used as packaging or container. Thus, it is mainly used for food purposes. However, if it is exposed to heat, it is possible to emit lead because of the chemicals that are used in laminating the tin.
Fortunately, manufacturers produce oven-safe tin cans. However, it is more costly.
What are the Standard Requirements for Tin Cans?
Since tin cans are used for food packaging, they should meet international standards for safety and sanitation as well as quality. Below is the list of standards that need to comply with for producing tin cans.
- FDA sanitation standards
- 2008 ASTM A 630-03 for tin coating weight
- ISO9001 Quality Management System
- ISO14001 Environmental Management System
What are the Advantages of Using a Tin Can?
Tin cans are widely used in the food and beverage industry. Here are some benefits and advantages of using a tin can.
- Tin cans are heavier and more durable
- Tin cans are a convenient choice for food storage and container
- Tin cans have a longer shelf life
- Recyclable and eco-friendly
- They are heat-resistant
- Tin cans have higher corrosion and rust resistance
- Inexpensive production
- Can preserve food nutrients
- Break resistance
- Can be printed and decorated
What are the Common Applications of a Tin Can?
Depending on its type, a tin can has a wide range of applications that typically includes the following:
- Medicine, beverage, and food packaging
- Fruits, seafood, milk powder, and another packaging
- Edible oils, butter, biscuits, and more
- Pesticides, paints, and grease packaging
- Cosmetic packaging
- Food containers
What Factors You Must Consider When Purchasing Tin Cans?
- First, take note of the surface of the tin can. Make sure that it doesn’t have debris or foreign matters. Also, make sure that these are clean and smooth. Check the body of the tin can and take note if there are any burrs, edges, or corners.
- It is also important that to make sure that your tin can are safe to use. It must be compliant with different international requirements for safety and sanitation such as FDA.
- Because of microorganisms, food can easily be spoiled or deteriorated. Thus, you must make sure that your tin can has superior airtightness.
- High pressure and temperature during the sterilization process can break down acids, nutrients, and compounds in food. Thus, you have to make sure that your tin cans have high resistance to corrosion.
- Also, please take note that a good tin can is convenient to handle or carry and easy to transport.
- Make sure that your tin cans can withstand production processes such as welding, crimping, stamping, and more.
- Lastly, choose a tin can that can provide you with low cost, high stability, efficiency, and can meet your requirements.